or the one mix way to a make ahead appetizer that is sure to please.
Just a quick post for you today to go along with the quickness of this recipe. It only takes about 15 min to prepare, though it does take some time to chill in the refrigerator, and is pretty cheap to make overall. With the holiday season quickly approaching it is always good to have a couple simple recipes in your pocket to fill in the gaps in your menu or bring along to a gathering with family and friends. I have brought this to both family and work events and it has been a hit in both areas. Even my husband likes this, and he is adamantly against the whole "cheese ball" concept on principle as much as on taste. I like it because it can be made in advance and just pulled out of the fridge to serve when guests arrive, combined with the short prep time it doesn't get much more stress-free than that. If you split the recipe between the different options here it gives a pretty nice variety, serve with your favorite crackers and you are all set! Check it out:
Cream cheese – low fat, 2 (8 oz) packages
Parmesan Romano Cheese – 1 cup
Colby Jack Cheese – shredded, 1 cup
Worcestershire sauce – 2 tsp
Onion – 1 tbsp dried, minced
Garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
House spice blend - 1 tsp
Individual Bite Sized Balls
1. Combine cream cheese, shredded cheese, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan Romano.
2. Mix in Worcestershire sauce, onion, spices, and garlic powder. Ensure that the ingredients are evenly distributed.
3. Separate into bite sized balls and roll in the remaining Parmesan Romano cheese.
4. Chill for a minimum of 1 hour before serving
Ham or Provolone Rolls
1. Prepare cheese blend as indicated above, stop before rolling into balls.
2. Lay out individual slices of thinly cut, cooked ham or provolone cheese. Spread a thin layer over slices and roll into a tube shape.
3. Chill for a minimum of 1 hour
4. Slice rolls into 1/4 to 1/2 inch circles and serve