7.29.2011

Melting in the Heat

or no new recipes due to lack of oxygen...

So I do actually have a few new recipes coming up, but right now my breathing has been strained by the heat waves we have been suffering - and when my breathing is strained my brain doesn't take too kindly to writing.  So, instead, I thought I'd pass along my survival tips for cooking in the heat - cook less often but larger amounts, enjoy colder foods, and use the crockpot (slow cooker)!  This has been my strategy and it has been working perfectly, though I have realized that I need more slow cooker recipes that involve a protein other than chicken, but more on that another time.  The slow cooker dinner is always one of my favorites, for ease of meal time as well as decreased heat and overall mess.  I rounded up a few of my favorites to share with you here...

For "colder" food, I'd like to recommend sampling my no heat needed soup

Sweet Meets Savory Watermelon Gazpacho


Here are some of my favorite slow cooker recipes for your main attraction

Go with the Flow Potato Soup



Slow and Sweet Honey Ginger Chicken



And to close out the meal, there's no baking necessary with my "colder" food option for dessert

Trio of Trifles



Check out the tabs at the top for some more ideas...  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment